Monday, March 16, 2009

Little Girly gift

Here's my latest little girl bday gift. It was for a very close friend of mine's 2 year old (my littlest and her [only] are a month apart). I made her a large black apple doll (I took the pattern up 150%). Her little apron is removable.
I made her this little apron.
And some felt cookies, felt plates and painted a small wood rolling pin, spoon and wood spatula and put them all in this cupcake box I got at Hobby Lobby.
A little tutorial on the felt plates as follows:
Cut out 2 circles (I used a small bowl for tracing) and 2 circle edges out of stiff interfacing. Cut 4 more full circles in white felt.
Place the circle edges on the full circle interfacing pieces and sew down.
Now sandwich the interfacing pieces in between 2 felt circles. Sew along the edge of the circles and trim up. Now sew carefully around the inside indention made from circle edges.

Add some tiny rick rack trim along the edge.

M played with these at the party after they were opened. I'm thinking I need to make her a set. She especially enjoyed the felt cookies and feeding them to the baby. :)

4 comments:

Katie said...

What a great gift! I am sure any little girl would love to have one. Thanks for the tute on the plates. Everything came out so cute and yes I think M definitely needs her own set!

Deanna said...

Thanks! It's so hard for me to get around to making my own kids the cool stuff. :)

Anne said...

What an insanely lucky little girl!!! I posted a link to this project on Craft Gossip Sewing Blog: http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-sew-some-play-dishes-from-felt/2009/03/19/
--Anne

Angela@the crazyness that is me said...

So cute - I am obsessed with felt and was just looking for a tutorial for felt plates!
Thanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails